Monday, June 13, 2011

'til next time, Summer.

Right now, you may be fixing your stuff for school, or you may be studying/slacking off, or really bored and thinking, "Hey, new blog post!" or you may be like me, thinking how confusingly nervous I am to face my second year of college. It's weird, 'cause I've went through 12 years already of first days, but I still feel it every single year. I was thinking earlier how funny it is that we always go through some things over and over again like first days, exams, medical stuff, and yet we get scared EVERY time it happens or when it's about to happen. I guess it's human nature, who knows.

But that isn't really what I wanted to talk about in this entry. I wanted to talk about my Summer 2011. For the past few weeks, I haven't read any End of Summer 2011 blog posts but I guess I could be the first or the last, I don't really care much. I'm just here, thinking that this summer means a lot to me and I guess I've come back to the attitude where I just have to blog about everything I think of. Aren't you happy?

I started this summer with a lot of plans, doubts and dreams in mind. I planned to take my photography to the next level, I planned to get a summer internship/job, with pay/no pay, I planned to go to Enchanted Kingdom with my family and then with my friends, and I planned to go to the beach with the same people. I doubted myself that my plans would push through and I doubted more importantly that my anxiety attacks would go away. I also dreamt of going abroad this summer and I also dreamt that I would meet my crush. But only so few of my plans, doubts and dreams came true. I haven't really decided whether or not it's a good thing, but as of now, I'm beginning to think, "Whut the hell, I have next summer!"

I did plan to take my photography to the next level and I do believe that I achieved. I may not be a pro yet, but I'm learning more and more things that I should have known forever ago. This summer I've realized my strong love and passion for photography and I truly can't imagine myself having any other career that doesn't include fashion or food photography. I may not be as much of a fanatic to fashion yet like others, but trust me, I'm getting there. I've always been taking photos of food because of my mom's other job, a caterer/baker. So I've definitely had experience. I'm really going for the gold when it comes to my photography from now on. Thank You God for the strong push and realizations!


I didn't get to get an internship in a magazine as I planned for I freaked out since I didn't have so much experience. How silly of me to realize that that was the reason why I wanted to get a job - to get experience. -_- I really didn't care much for the pay, all I wanted was the experience. Although I didn't get to get a job in a magazine, God was good and sent me to the Philippine Fashion Week Holiday 2011 as an intern. The event made me appreciate fashion so much more and appreciate people who work so late more, too. Haha! Super fun, but it was really tiring too. I met awesome people, though. People who have the same interests as me, and people who craved for experience like I did and still do. I can't wait to see those people again soon.


I doubted the fact that my anxiety attacks would leave me alone. They did for awhile, and even when they come and visit me once in awhile, I don't entirely freak out. 'cause I believe in God and I trust that He sends me hardships because He believes I will get through them. God knows that I have the strength to fight all my demons, and I am fighting and I know I am winning. I love God and I am really thankful for Him. Thank you also to my friends and my family who helped me and supported me when I was getting over my anxiety attacks. I love you all so much. Unfortunately, there's so many of you that I have no idea how to show my appreciation. Maybe a smiley for now? I'll hug you all (again) next time!


I don't want to talk so much about my crush since my family reads my blog sometimes. -_- Especially my dad. Hi, Pa! But no, I didn't get to meet him this summer. I met a different crush though, y'all know thaaaaaaaaaat. Hihi. If you don't, back read!! Hahaha! I won't post our picture anymore, so I'll just post another smiley.



Point is, this summer was full of ups and downs. I wanted to talk about the upsides more, of course. Sure, I didn't get to go to Enchanted Kingdom (we planned another trip for this Sunday, but got canceled again because of Fathers Day) or I didn't get to go to the beach, or leave the country, but who cares? There's always next summer! Plus, there's our semester break and Christmas/New Year's break to look forward to. So I'm glad.

I just want to say a BIG, BIG THANK YOU to my dad, my models and God for I have an announcement to make:

After fixing my photo blog again last night, I found out that I had...

By mid-summer, I knew that I wanted to have 10 shoots done by the end. Instead, I got TWELVE! Thank you so much to my dad for using the Samsung E270 because he supports my photography so much that he let me keep the dSLR all to myself the entire summer, thanks to my models who sat-stood-laid down on the dirt under the scorching sun just to give me awesome photos and of course, big thanks to God for giving me the confidence and giving me the push I needed. Thank You so much.

I also found out/discovered SO MANY bloggers this summer. I check all of their blogs almost everyday! I check some blogs everyday, whether or not they tweet that they have a new entry. Take a look at my bookmarks: Also, if you don't know the names you're reading, you're truly missing out on a lot!! Go search them now and see the awesomeness I see everyday on the internet!


I haven't met most of them, and maybe the ones I've met have long forgotten about me, but all of those bloggers up there are some of my biggest inspirations right now in the career I'm going for. All of them are amazing and talented, thank God I found them through the internet/friends/and because most of them are friends!

My summer was full of art, inspiration and dreams. I truly believe this summer is most DEFINITELY not the end, and it's only the beginning! God has something awesome lined up for me, and I'm excited to find out what it is. Tomorrow's a new day and a new start to a new school year. I'm definitely ready to face the stress again.

BRING IT ON.


No comments:

Post a Comment