Tuesday, May 17, 2011

#PhilFashionWeek: Day 6.

May 14, 2011; PFW Day 6, Internship Day 5
So here comes my number one favorite day of the week! It was also the first day of the busiest part of PFW 'cause instead of having 3 or 4 shows that start at 5:30PM, there were 8 shows scheduled for that day that started at 1PM. First was the Ready To Wear Collection, then SM Kids Fashion (which I wanted to watch but we didn't usher for that show) Oh, and funny story about the SM Kids Fashion show! Apparently, I think two of the models were Manny Pacquiao's kids and they had to start an hour late because he was taking so long to get there and of course, he's Manny Pacquiao. He had to watch his kids walk on that cute ramp! I didn't get to see him anymore 'cause we had to prep the other function for the Emily Sy, Joyce Pilarsky, Jun Jun Cambe, Michelle Lim show but some of my co-interns did. You'd think being my dad's daughter I would have at least seen him once, but nope!

So after ushering for the Sy, Pilarsky, Cambe and Lim show, we had to run to the function where the SM Kids Fashion show was held for the next show which was the Eric Delos Santos, Jerome Salaya Ang, Sassa Jimenez show and yey, here goes. We prepped the function with all the directories and flyers and I was so happy to see Sassa Jimenez. Just the week before last week, I read about her on Saab Magalona's blog and I wanted to see her and her designs on the runway. Ms. Jimenez is really pretty and oh my gaaaah I was prepping when I thought Rolling In The Deep was playing for her music and when I looked behind me, IT WAS BEING SUNG BY A WOMAN. She sounded just like Adele and I loved it. I was singing the song for the rest of the night, by the way.

After prepping, we ushered people to their seats and it was PACKED. As in people were standing 'cause there were no vacant seats left. We went out for awhile and then my friend/co-intern/block mate Nadine and I went back inside 'cause she told me she saw David Guison at the show. We were determined to meet him 'cause we've tweeted with him, we both didn't get to take a photo with him before/after the Forever 21 show and we REALLY like him. So after the show, we saw him go out and then hang by this tarp, obviously looking for someone or waiting for someone. Nadine and I couldn't help it, we were super kilig at that point that we didn't have the guts to approach him.

Finally, I composed myself a bit then we went up to him. AHHH! I'm getting goosebumps just typing this. We went up to him and I was like, "Um, uh, Daviiiiid...?" Then he smiled and he said he remembered us omg omg omg omg kinikilig ako. Haha! So anyway, we shook hands and he knew our names!!! My hands are shaking as I type this. We took photos with him and all and he was like, "Finally!" After we took the photos, he asked us if we were watching the Candie's show but I said we weren't 'cause we weren't ushering for it. We left him there and Nadine and I were walking, smiling, and shaking. We couldn't believe we met David Guison and he knew us. He really is a nice guy and on Twitter he's really sweet and funny.

Ganda mo lang talaga, Nadine.
Photo by: Elora Picson

Tapos ang pangit ko lang. :))
Photo by: Nadine Sagales

After that, we hung-out at the registration where our bags were and Nadine and I couldn't stop smiling. Haha! We took some photos for awhile while the Candie's show and Regatta show was happening.


Photos by: Elora Picson

And then we had calamares that was like rubber for dinner in the pantry. After dinner, we headed to the function for the Ford Models' Supermodel of the World Philippines 2011 show and prepped then ushered. I wanted to watch but there were also too many people that it was no use to watch. Plus, one of the interns told me we had to go to the next function to prep, too. I did see who won though, her name's Samantha and that's all I know. And I think she's only 14-years-old? Young, right.

We headed to the next function for the Vaio presents Design Fusion/Visions and Trends and that was a crazy show, too. Well, it was crazy before the show. Before the show, they told us there was going be a raffle. All the audience had to do was put their calling cards in the box thing and then the calling card that would be chosen would get a free Vaio laptop. Some of us wanted to join but of course we weren't allowed... I think. So anyway, I was standing by the stairs where I always waited for guests. There were very few people inside because they wanted to let the VIPs in first. Suddenly, people were running towards all the seats and I had no idea why. It was hard to approach any of them to ask how many seats they wanted and only very few were sensitive enough to stay calm and wait to be seated.

I asked my co-interns what was happening and finally after I got out of the function, they told me that a bouncer/security left the door open by accident and people got in on their own and hunt down for their own seats. Gosh. So anyway, before we all went home, we hung-out by the registration again and took photos.




Photos by: Elora Picson

Photo shot by: Chiara Ferrari
Post-processing by: Elora Picson

Day 7 next!

No comments:

Post a Comment