Tuesday, May 17, 2011

#PhilFashionWeek: Day 7.

May 15, 2011; PFW Day 7, Internship Day 6

And then comes the end of the week. I started the day by carrying magazines with my co-intern Franz then we headed to the function for the Grand Allure Collection. I dealt with the craziest woman I've ever encountered the entire week and I don't think I can ever forget about that... Incident. Haha! It's too long and not worth your time so I won't tell it anymore. Luckily though, after getting people settled, I got to take some photos of the show and even got to finish it!

After the Grand Allure, was the Premiere B show then the Premiere C show. Then came the Rusty Lopez show! Funny story again! We were told that we didn't have to usher since they had their own ushers and registration. So we let them be, ladadi dada. Then some of their dear ushers didn't know where the VIP was and who the real VIPs were... Crazy stuff! They even had this buffet and they had people line up IN FRONT of the entrance to the function. Weird. Haha. They had a pretty cool set though, made me want to watch the show but it was full and I wasn't that interested.

Photo by: Elora Picson

After leaving Rusty Lopez, Mito, the head of the Front of the House interns chose the ones who were ushering for Penshoppe 'cause they had to wear something the store chose for them. I was so jealous 'cause I really wanted to watch Penshoppe and because Nadine and I knew David Guison would be there. Wow, we've really turned into stalkers. Creepy. So I kept telling my friendly co-interns how sad I was and stuff, so I hung-out with a few of them for a bit and had dinner early. After dinner, I walked around then went to the function for the L'Oreal presents Louie Mamengo show alone.

Oh, wait! During dinner, the ones who were chosen to usher finally got out of the show and told us that it was so messy inside and full of people. Then another intern came up to us and asked, "Alam niyo na ba 'yung nangyari sa Penshoppe?" We said we didn't then he told us that the right platform/bleachers/seating area of the function room collapsed and there was already a hole where your foot could actually get in. Crazy, yes? Not yet finished. Earlier that day, we were told that we had to finish all the PFW Magazine/Directories and 'cause they wanted to give away 300 copies per show and I was surprised. Then they said it was no problem 'cause they were expecting 800 people per show. So imagine, 800 people per show? But Penshoppe apparently invited WAY WAY WAY more than that, I won't even say. Haha! Thankfully, nobody got hurt but everyone was of course, asked to move for safety purposes.

So anyway, I went to the function for the L'Oreal show and I was knocking on the door but nobody would answer. There were already SO MANY people lined up and I even heard someone shout, "Ano ba 'yan! Papasukin niyo na kami!" Wow, wild. After about five minutes of leaning on the door, other interns came up to me and whispered that we can pass backstage. So we did. When I got there, I stood on my usual spot. One of the bouncers came up to me and asked if we were already allowed to let people sit on my side of the function then we ended up talking. I was already letting people pass me without asking how many had to be seated like I usually do but for some reason, I don't know why, I looked at my right and then I saw that David actually passed by me. HAHAHA. Not a lot of people were already in the function since they were only letting in VIPs and relatives/friends of Louie Mamengo.

I texted Nadine right away, being the little co-hunter that I am and sadly, she was eating dinner that time. I really wanted to have another photo with him 'cause the one we had the day before was blurry. :( But I couldn't ask for one at that time 'cause he was with someone else, I was already "working", I had my 70-300mm lens attached and not my kit lens aaand no one would be able to take the photo. So I was just there, standing when my co-intern Jomar was whispering to me, "He's coming, he's coming!" I was like, "Whut? Ha? Where?!" Then I looked to my left again and I saw David then he said HIIIIIII. I smiled at him and waved like a down right idiot and I was so happy to the point that I hit Jomar on the back. Which I begged for forgiveness for. Up to this time, when I think about it, I still feel REALLY sorry and embarrassed.

After that, I didn't see David anymore 'cause I left the function already when so many people were going in. Why do I say David as if I'm friends with him? Feelingera. Anyway, I went out and back to registration and again, hung-out with the people there. We had our mini-shoots and stuff then Nadine and I went to take photos and check-out the L'Oreal lounge which was really interesting.



OMG, IT'S DENISE SAN JOSE. :">
Photos by: Elora Picson

How much of an idiot do I look like when
I'm with my favorite bloggers???
Photo by: Nadine Sagales

Can I just say how much I love her? It's because of her blog that makes me want to actually work in the fashion industry. I love her blog so much 'cause it's so real and it's not like she's trying to make a good impression to anyone, I'm not friends with her but I feel like she's exactly how she is in her blogs. Ever since I met her last Tuesday, she's been saying hi to me every time she saw me and I find that genuinely nice and I felt I don't know, special? Haha. We took the photo in the L'Oreal lounge after she told Nadine and I we should have our make-up done there. She looked really pretty like each day I saw her during PFW, I'd be like, "Chiara, doesn't Nissy look great today?" Hahaha! Stalker. I wish I could be friends with her or at least work with her in the future. I miss seeing her already. Haha!

Anyway!!! Back to the last night of PFW Holiday 2011, Nadine and I took more photos but I won't upload them here anymore 'cause I really feel like we've become obsessed. Hahaha! Hi, Nadine. So we waited 'til the Louie Mamengo show was over and when everyone came out, all of the interns who got to watch the show told us how beautiful and how moving the show was. I even heard/saw some celebrities/designers cried because of the show.

After everyone left, us interns for Front of the House were left in SMX, waiting for Mito. We were all going to the L'Oreal party as a celebration so we took photos first to keep us happy and in the mood.





Photos by: Elora Picson

Photo grabbed from: Martin Chua
Post-processed by: Elora Picson

So after awhile we finally left for Sofitel and most of them rode my van to get there. We finally got to the Fever Lounge, Sofitel and it was an awesome place for an after party. I had a lot of fun at the party, even though I only stayed for a very short time. My camera battery died way before we left SMX so I had to grab photos from my co-intern again. Thank goodness for people who like uploading straight out of camera photos!



Photos grabbed from: Martin Chua
Thank you!

Bottom line, thank You to God, for blessing me with this opportunity to be a part of Philippine Fashion Week, Holiday 2011. Thanks to my parents for understanding why I had to do this and why I got home from 12:30AM to 3:00AM, HAHA. And of course, thanks to the people who I got to work and hang-out with for six straight days! I've fallen in love with them and I really miss them now, even though I didn't get to be close with all of them. Just seeing them everyday was awesome enough for me. Wait, thanks to my favorite bloggers and model who I took photos with. I love you people, really. Haha! Especially to my favorite bloggers, I really wish I can work with you in the future! Ah, time will tell.

'til next season, Philippine Fashion Week!
You are nothing but awesome. <3

1 comment:

  1. I honestly don't deserve it but thank you for the nice words :) I feel like such a bitch for telling you to get your make-up done. Didn't mean that you needed it, just that you should try out the L'Oreal make-up bar haha! Would love to work with you guys in the future, too. Hopefully not at PFW coz it was just so crazy! Haha cheers!

    ReplyDelete