Tuesday, August 23, 2011

Stabbed!

For the past few days, I've come upon some misfortunes. Most of them were through words that were apparently stabbed behind me. I must admit, they're not so new to me. I've dealt with this in high school, I've dealt with the same thing in my first year of college and it was bound to happen again this year. I just didn't expect it to be so harsh and from people who I thought at one point were actually nice enough to be friends with and more so, I wasn't even friends with most of them at all.

I was apparently insulted because of my weight. Really, it's ridiculous. They obviously didn't catch my self-acceptance entry, which is okay 'cause I barely knew them during the summer anyway. The things they said about me though were very hurtful, very hurtful that it made me silent for a moment. I just didn't like hearing those things about me, and they sounded really harsh. Maybe people have said worst things about me behind my back but to question someone's friendship with me because of my weight is down right offensive. I know what I look like, and I may even look twice as big to you. I don't really care what I look like in your eyes, 'cause believe me, you don't look so good in mine, but for you to judge me enough by asking a new friend of mine, "Are you sure you want to be friends with her?" or "Why are you friends with her?" because of my appearance and not because of who I really am, is going below the belt, don't you think?

To be perfectly honest, as of now, I don't really care about what you said or say anymore. I wanted to blog right after I was told of the things you said about me but I actually want to be a respected and happy blogger so I decided not to rant. So actually, may God bless you 'cause I don't want anything bad to happen to people like you. Why? 'cause you push me to be a better person. Your insults aren't bringing me down, but instead, you're making me feel like a better fat girl. I'm fat, so what? But I will say this, before you judge people's relationship with me, better look back on your past first and tell me who's the better friend.

By the way, insulting one of my closest friends/models won't make you any prettier. She's prettier than you, get over it.

Next, I heard that someone who acted like I could be perfect friends with them has surprisingly never even liked me from the start. This insulted me beyond words, I felt like my intelligence was insulted because I fell for the facade HARD. No, I didn't fall in love, but I was ready to open up myself to a person who I hoped could be one of my closest friends ever. I've never felt so fooled in my life, really. I really couldn't believe it, and right after I found out about it, I felt like throwing my cell phone across the room and shouting. Of course I couldn't 'cause I was in class and was about to take an exam. I really didn't expect anything like that to be thrown at my face. I knew the person was tough and harsh, but not that harsh.

In the end, I got over the whole fake friends thing after a few hours with a little help from my friends and okay, a little bashing. But because of this person, again, it's pushing me to feel a little bit better about myself. If this person wants a challenge (because apparently, that's what he/she is making this out to be), then I'm taking it. I feel challenged and it's pushing me to be a better student, president and photographer. So really, thank you.

By the way, watch out, because I will be a kick ass photographer someday. ;)

In the end of everything, my best friends and my college buddies have been there for me to bash on these people together and their humor made everything better. I love these people in my life, and even the new ones in my life deserve my strong appreciation for them. Thank you so much to everyone who's made me feel special and making me see the brighter side of things these days. I'm not sure if I say it often, but really, thank you for your comforts! I love you, guys!


No comments:

Post a Comment