Tuesday, May 10, 2011

Here We Go

Okay, so I'm nine hours long overdue with the promised dead or alive blog post, but I had a massive headache last night (and actually, the entire afternoon) that I had no brain juice left to blog! Anyway, here's my large news!

I'm actually interning/helping out/volunteering right now for this season's Philippine Fashion Week! It may not be big news to most of you, and you might be saying it's such a small job, but hey! I don't get this kind of opportunity often and I'm actually really happy about it. My friend Chiara got me the job since she worked for last season, then she pulled me in just 'cause I begged her to. Lol.


I literally went running for PFW invites/tickets last Monday and I joined contests just to get invites but I ended up interning! I'd actually really prefer this 'cause at least I get to see the fronts and backs of the show, or at least know what's behind all of the great things that PFW does.

Yesterday, I didn't really have a job yet, and all I did was sit behind the Inquiry desk that's located somewhere near the registration and near the place where the VIP list is. I didn't expect to be that... Unsettled yet. Like, I expected to go around and around the venue or ushering but no, I was stuck at the desk. Which is okay, 'cause I ended up helping by answering questions like, "'til when is Fashion Week?" "Could you keep these flowers for us?" "Do we just line-up and go inside?" And I got to answer, "It's 'til this Sunday." "Sure." "No, please head to the registration first, you can line up anywhere." I also started meeting new people who are new interns like I am, and it was fun.

Since Chiara was already part of Philippine Fashion Week last season, she got to introduce me to some really nice people who've been interning since so long ago. Oh, and by the way, when we got there, I was like... O_O 'cause everyone looked so stylish, and you'd think I was talking about the guests. No, I'm talking about the interns. Chiara and I felt like we were so colorful compared to them 'cause everyone was wearing either black dresses, polos, tops or gray with black and what were we wearing? I was wearing a purple plaid top, with a white shirt inside (something I've never done before) then jeans and Chiara was wearing a denim polo. From today 'til Sunday, I'm wearing black/gray, pretending that someone just died. Okay, totally kidding. Seriously though, I'll be wearing black/gray/white from now on 'til Sunday!

I got to see some of the Philippines' top bloggers, too! But I'll dish on that maybe on Sunday, or Monday when all is done. I'll be posting photos by Monday, too! Just so I could show the entire time I was there.

Really happy that I'm doing this, although I haven't done much. Thank you, Papa Jesus! You're the Best. <3

See you at the SMX Convention Center!
For more info and for the schedule for PFW:

No comments:

Post a Comment