Wednesday, May 4, 2011

Food blog: Wicked Oreos/Oreos in Pancakes

So last Saturday (April 30), my sister and I had our own experiments in the kitchen. The day before, she went to this tea shop in Teachers Village called Moon Leaf 'cause I went there the day before she did and told her that it was really good. She said she wanted to try and make the exact same drink here at home. Anyway, we went to the grocery in the morning to buy food for lunch and for our experiments.

So she bought hers, and I bought mine. After lunch, she started with her experiment and it turned out PERFECT. It was good and exactly like the drink she bought from Moon Leaf! So hooray to my sister for being good in experimenting!


So after she did her experiment, I started mine! I've been hearing about Flaming Wings' Wicked Oreos from so many people already, saying how good they are. So I tried to make my own Wicked Oreos! I haven't been to Flaming Wings, so no, I haven't tried their Wicked Oreos.

My mom and my sister bought whole wheat pancake mix and it was surprisingly really good.


I never searched online for the instructions, 'cause they seemed very obvious. So I dipped the Oreos in the pancake batter then dropped them into the oil. Since there were pancake batter droppings, my sister had to clean them out and then suddenly oil dripped on her then more spilled on the floor. There wasn't any bad damage, except she got a wound from the heat, of course.


Anyway, when I got the Oreos out of the oil, I placed them on a strainer since they were REALLY oily and didn't look so appetizing like that.



Let me just remind you that I used WHOLE WHEAT pancake batter mix so that's why they're brown. But if my sister would read this, she'd tell me I was lying to you guys. To be fair, yes, I did burn (of course not intentionally) some of them, but the others are originally brown because of the wheat!

I don't know if my friends who've done this in their own houses had the same result but my Oreos became soggy in the inside because of the oil.



So like I said, I haven't tasted the original Wicked Oreos so I don't know if mine came out as a success for all you Wicked Oreos lovers. Personally though, I liked it. But it's not something I'd crave for, I think. It's a little too sweet and like I said, really oily.

Anyway, there was a lot of batter left so what else was there to do but make pancakes out of them?



So, there. I finally tried making and tasting Wicked Oreos. If you haven't tried making it, it's REALLY easy and a little messy. For the ones who haven't tasted it, it's something worth trying! :)

No comments:

Post a Comment